Most of us have heard the Jeff Foxworthy comedy routine, “You might be a redneck if…”. I decided that our community needed a version of our own. I would love to hear any more that you might have in the comments!
You might be an ultrarunner if…
- You have ever run out of Gerber baby food and given your infant a Clif food pouch instead.
- You have ever followed someone out of the bathroom after they didn’t wash their hands and immediately lined up behind them at the buffet without even questioning it.
- You have ever purchased your race kit from TJ MAXX.
- You have ever washed down a pancake and syrup burrito with a swig of pickle juice.
- You use more diaper rash ointment than a newborn baby.
- You have ever gone for a short training run only to end up in the next county.
- You have ever told your family to expect you at the finish line in 8 hours and it actually takes you 14.
- You get a bulk pallet discount on your gels.
- You refer to those gels as “nutrition.”
- You have ever debated whether or not a puddle of water is “drinkable.”
- You have ever asked people on Facebook to diagnose your ailments.
- You have had someone tell you that they “don’t even drive that far.”
- You have more wildlife friends than human ones.
- You have ever wondered to yourself if having Hobbit feet would make you a better runner.
- You have a tendency to take a nap or go to the bathroom without any concern for your current location or surroundings.
- Your have become hyper vigilant to random sounds around you.
- You have ever left your house wearing two socks and returned with only one.
- You have ever screamed in agony during what would otherwise be a relaxing shower.
If you like this post and would like to stay up to date when future gear reviews, race reports, and other related posts are released, please follow my Facebook page at Ultrarunner Joe!