Building off of the hugely successful post “How to Tell a Trail Runner from a Hipster”, I bring you the next installment. While I partake in both road and trail running, I confess that I consider myself more of a trail runner. These are some of the more humorous sterotypes/jokes that I have heard in the past. They are meant as humor, not to take seriously or be offensive. So with that, enjoy and, as always, please post new ones to the comments thread.
- Road runners can tell you their per mile split pace; trail runners can tell you their per mile elevation gain.
- Road runners run for PRs; trail runners run for beer.
- Road runners buy matching clothes from a specialty running store; trail runners buy whatever comes in their size from the super discount rack at TJ Maxx.
- Road runners use a port-a-potty; trail runners use the hole they just dug off of the side of the trail.
- Road runners run hills; trail runners run HILLS!
- Road runners run fast; trail runners are glorified hikers.
- Road runners manage pain with ibuprofen; trail runners use whiskey.
- Road runners stop at crosswalks; trail runners stop for moose crossings.
- Road runners use running tights to stay warm; trail runners use body hair.
If you like this post and would like to stay up to date on other running related stuff, please follow my Facebook page at Ultrarunner Joe!